Saturday, July 25, 2009

More on the surgery

I never posted about our experience in the hospital for Charlie's surgery. It was quite the crappy day as Clark stated...Charlie was so happy when he woke up and was so unbelieveably good before surgery. He had to fast, so I was really worried that he would be screaming wanting to eat but, miraculously, he was calm and content. I know that we were blessed! The surgery went great and the hardest thing about it was seeing him in the recovery room. There is nothing anyone can say that can prepare you for that moment. It is the most heartbreaking moment of my life and I felt completely helpless. I couldn't comfort him, he was soo upset and I could hardly speak because I was so overcome with emotion. I calmed down and when Clark got to see him he felt the same way. I looked over at him and he had tears streaming down his cheeks. I have got to say that I have only seen Clark cry 2 or 3 times since I have known him. When I saw him I lost it for the next hour. But then things calmed down and Charlie ate like nothing was wrong and we did really well. I hope that I never have to see one of my kids in the hospital again! We are soooo glad that it is over with!! Here are some pictures of before and right after.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You know I've only see Jarom cry like 2 or 3 times also and one of them was after one of Jimmy's surgeries. You just feel so hopeless. I'm glad it's over for you guys and that Charlie is doing so well. He looks awesome. He's always been such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete