Friday, December 12, 2008

Pink or Blue? I smell a contest!!

What are your guesses? In fact, maybe we ought to start a little contest here to guess gender, weight, length, & due date! I think it's a great idea!! So, for those of you that glance your way over here from time to time, add a comment w/ your guesses. The person that gets the closest guess to all 4 will win something really outstanding from us. Like, how about you get to change a couple of really bad diapers? Or maybe a 3 a.m. wake-up call to come rock him back to sleep? Or babysitting him for the first time? I can hear the voice in your head now, "What? That's not a prize. I don't want to rock him back to sleep! Wait a minute, did I read that right? He just said 'him'! Was that really what they're having or were they just picking a gender for the sake of not having to say 'it'?!? I think he actually might have slipped up and told us the gender!!"

Yes. It's true. IT'S A BOY (I did it small so it didin't jump off the page at you all!!)!! I'll let Jana elaborate a little bit more (she did below this posting), but suffice it to say that we were both pretty sure that the news we received from the ultrasound tech wouldn't be a surprise, and we were right. By yesterday morning we were both fairly certain that another boy would be joining our family, and almost as soon as the tech put the jelly spreader on Jana's belly, there it was! Definitely a boy... and BTW, it doesn't look anything like that baby in the upper right corner of this page. Ours looks more like a black and white blob, almost like a Rorschach test, with little bits of grey sprinkled in.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to guess boy so I win! Wait, stop, I meant girl! Shoot, I lose. At least you guys are prepared and know what to expect with a boy right?! Congrats and good luck and do me a favor: Start looking pregnant already!

    ReplyDelete