Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years and Resolutions!

HaPpY NeW YeAr! We had so much fun on New Year's Eve with great friends and great food. Throw in some illegal fireworks and you've got a great party! We won't mention how the fireworks almost killed the girls watching their BOYS have a great time blowing things up! Hahaha. It's the First Monday of the new year and you know what that means...FHE Family goal setting session. Every New year our little family takes the opportunity to set family goals. We write them down and put them up so we can remember them throughout the year. The goals range from vacations that we want to take, to helping individuals accomplish things that are important to them. We already started a family goal to read the scriptures every night NO MATTER WHAT. Even if we are on vacation, even if it's way past our bedtimes and we are so tired. We have been doing it for about 6 weeks and it has been awesome.
I wanted to list 10 things that are MY goals for the year...
#1. The Exercies goal- Exercise 6 x's per week. EVEN ON SATURDAYS!
#2. Build up my food storage
#3. With Clark (finally) finish all the projects around the house. The list is long
#4. Grow a garden
#5. Have pictures of family printed and put in books- doesn't need to be fancy!
#6. Try one new recipe a week
#7. Learn a new skill-(like sewing
#8. Be more organized- computer room, my closet, etc.
#9. Take time to enjoy my kids-especially the older ones! Take them on dates.
#10. Get away with Clark---ALONE
oh and one more which is pretty darn important...
**Work on developing my relationship with Christ!**

2 comments:

  1. I love your Resolutions! I have a lot of the same one's you do. I love the pictures of your trip. I'm super jealous since I love to go on vacations and we don't have any of them planned anytime soon. Oh and the Christmas presents coming out of nowhere...totally me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have pretty much broken all of my resolutions I now feel inspired after reading your resolutions to start over again resolving to do better.

    ReplyDelete