Monday, November 17, 2008

A shotgun weekend...

At my work, we do a lot of business with OC Tanner. Our sales guy invited me to a pheasant club last Friday, with some of his other clients, to go on a pheasant hunt. Since we've already established that I'm a manly-man and don't believe in blogging, taking Twilight quizzes (I'm a Jasper, btw...), or buying sweaters for myself at the Gateway, I'm not too ashamed to tell you that this was my first pheasant hunt. In fact, I bought my shotgun a week before the hunt and loaded it for the first time just a couple of hours before I shot my first bird. I was a little concerned that I wasn't going to hit anything, but as you can see, it all worked out ok. Nicholas thought it was the coolest thing ever, Ethan didn't want anything to do w/ the birds. I ended up taking them w/ me on a campout w/ the scouts and having them for dinner that night. In case any of you need to know a quick & effective way to clean the birds, let me know! It involves stepping on the wings & pulling the legs... ;)

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, Jasper huh? You should call Chris next time you go...he loves to "catch" pheasants...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh! Could you guys be any more manly? I had no idea pheasants were so big and I hope I never have to use your bird cleaning technique...ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pheasant hunting...I'm a tom-boy at heart! I bought Jon a shot gun 5 years ago, I think that he's only used it like 3 times...

    ReplyDelete