Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eight years later...

Well, I guess it's time to annouce that we will soon be back in diapers. No, I haven't become incontinent. We're jumping back into the baby thing! Nick is nearly 10, Ethan is 8, and come end of April-beginning of May we'll have #3 joining us. In fact, the baby should be arriving about a week after I run the half marathon. If we time it right, I could be recuperating in a bed right next to Jana... ;)

There'll be more posted on this topic a little later. I'm in Tulsa tonight, just working on some work stuff & thought I better update our family blog. But that brings me to something that's got me a little... um, perplexed:

Why, out of all of the people we know (that have blogs), WHY AM I THE ONLY GUY POSTING STUFF?!? I look around at all of our friends & neighbors blogs, and I'll be danged! Everyone else's blogs are being maintained/updated by the wife/mom/master of the house... Now, please don't misinterpret my confusion. I'm not at all suggesting that this should be Jana's thing & she should be the one posting & keeping everyone informed. Ah, here's the perfect analogy:

Let's pretend I'm at The Gateway, walking around by myself, just doing a little window shopping. Stopping at a store window front, I see a sweater that I really like. I enter the store, go over to the sweater table-thing, and start holding up various colors to see which one looks the best (remember, we're pretending. In real life, I just grab whatever color I think is my size, buy it, go home, try it on, it doesn't fit, jump back in the car, return to store, return sweater. Repeat 3 times...). I select a sweater in a navy blue, and proceed to the changing room to try it on. As I'm sitting there, waiting for a room to become available, I finally start to look around and take notice of my environment. "Wait a minute...", I think to myself. "Why do I feel so immasculated all of a sudden?" I ponder. GASP!!! I'M IN A WOMENS CLOTHING STORE!!! Running out, with my head pulled back into my shirt like a turtle, I run for the door, however a little confused because I really liked that sweater!

Do you see what I mean? Anyway, I've decided that, you know what, I like this blog thing! I'm going to embrace it, but don't be surprised if I tell a random story about guns or beef jerky or big engines or some other manly topic. And I'll DEFINITELY be encouraging Jana to take the lead on our blog!!

7 comments:

  1. Way to TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!!! Blogging is fun and who cares who does it...your analogy had me rolling! Congrats on the diaper thing...I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Go Clark Go!! Kenny started the Johnson family blog but no one really has taken advantage of it. We are really happy for you guys!! So, you are running a half marathon. Good for you!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clarky Larky! I must say that I am ever so impressed by your blog attitude, or rather your Blogitude? See you're rubbing off on me. It was fun to read through all you wrote. NOBAMA INDEED BTW! It reminds me again how much we miss you guys. Can't wait to see you hopefully very soon.

    love ya,
    the drapers

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend Mark updates his family blog and it is one of my favorites to read because he offers a different perspective (rather than "Look how cute we are at the pumpkin patch" not that there's anything wrong with that). The lady is not always the social director, sometimes the gent makes a fantastic one. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! It's Ashlee Johnson here (we need to be put on your blog list by the way:) I LOVE that you blog Clark. Your perspective is so nice in this woman dominated blog world...I love the analogy. Casey started one but gave up kind of fast...maybe I can encourage him to take it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clark, I just found your blog. I love that you do the blogging -you keep me laughing. Droge does the majority of his family's blogging, and he's pretty funny too. Love the sweater analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great you're blogging Clark! It's a ton of fun. Dan would probably do ours if I let him! Congrats on the baby! Be sure to let the word out when you find out the gender!

    ReplyDelete