Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Well, here I am again at that mountain we know and love as Timp. A week after hiking it with the fam, we decided to take our scouts up there. They are, left to right, Nick Kennedy, Crick (yes, Crick) Spackman, me in my search & rescue/commando/tactical/survival vest, & Jason Draney. Jason's obviously not a scout (sorry Jason!), but one of the other leaders. We left Syracuse around 5:45 a.m., on the trail by 7:45 a.m., summited and back in the car exactly 8 hrs later. Yep, 15 miles in 8hrs, climbing to a stunning beautiful 11,749 feet. We had a blast...

Some of the funnier things that happened: heading up the canyon, we came around a bend and suprised a group of female joggers (prob students at the Y). Well, I guess the only really surprised one was the girl 3 feet off the road "relieving" herself. She jumped up as we passed her... sure hope she was finished... Hiking down the mountain, we were following a guy that was listening to the BYU game. Midway through the 2nd quarter, he got on this kick of yelling, "UCLA fumbled... BYU scored!" He did it 3 times!! Then, when we got back to the parking lot, we found, courtesy of our national parks finest in uniform, a parking ticket for $125!!! Wait, that's not funny... sure am glad I was the one to volunteer to drive that morning. Don't worry, Jana. I've written them a letter asking them to repaint the stripes at the parking lot AND to pretty please reduce or remove the fine.

Other than that, the only other thing to write about is Nicholas' & Ethan's football game tonight. I'm in Sun Valley right now, so I didn't get to see the game. I'll let Jana tackle that one (dang, I'm good...).

Later!!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is awesome. Sorry about the ticket :-( Can't wait to read more about the adventures of the Jones Family.

    ReplyDelete